Sniped
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best ways to maximize gaming experience.

+4
Anarcho
RPAL
IDunc
kiwinator 777
8 posters

Go down

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. Empty Best ways to maximize gaming experience.

Post by kiwinator 777 Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:31 pm

Title gives a good explanation, what do you like to include to make your gaming experience all the better. Such as drinks, food, friends, atmosphere, or whatever! I for one like to have a group of friends over with popcorn and soda, the more the merrier! So in as short of a response as you wish, tell everyone what you enjoy.
kiwinator 777
kiwinator 777
Marksman
Marksman

Back to top Go down

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. Empty Re: Best ways to maximize gaming experience.

Post by IDunc Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:56 pm

I love being around friends, but not when gaming. They are too distracting. I like to have a Blue Monster and some Orange Trident gum.
IDunc
IDunc
Admin
Admin

https://sniped.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. Empty Re: Best ways to maximize gaming experience.

Post by RPAL Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Buy a pair of Astros like meh.
RPAL
RPAL
Tech Team
Tech Team

http://www.monitorbuilt.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:39 pm

I like to be with my friends. I don't play Halo just to be good or beat up noobs. I play Halo to socialize with my friends, and have fun.

A way to get into the game is to get a nice headset. Apparently RPAL and myself have Astro A40s. They are top of the line Headphones that allow you to hear the game and voice in "5.1" dolby digital surround sound.

But if you don't have a 3 million dollar home, you might want to pick you up a set of Turtle Beach X1s, they are decent and affordable.
Anarcho
Anarcho

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clashcityrocker

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwinator 777 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:41 pm

My friend has something similiar to those, i love em, but i dont think they were those really expensive ones.
kiwinator 777
kiwinator 777
Marksman
Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:44 pm

A40s run about $250.

Wonderful things though...
Anarcho
Anarcho

Back to top Go down

Post by IDunc Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Anarcho wrote:But if you don't have a 3 million dollar home, you might want to pick you up a set of Turtle Beach X1s, they are decent and affordable.

HAHAHA.

I need a pair of those, though. My cheap ones keep breaking.
IDunc
IDunc
Admin
Admin

https://sniped.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwinator 777 Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:02 pm

Anarcho wrote:A40s run about $250.

Wonderful things though...

Ya i have the money, but thats about 1/4 of my $ right now or a months worth paycheck if i did have a job lol
kiwinator 777
kiwinator 777
Marksman
Marksman

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:04 pm

It isn't worth the money if you don't really have it.

I have a job, so i can afford it.
Anarcho
Anarcho

Back to top Go down

Post by xPr3ciZionX Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:11 pm

all i got is the headset that came with my xbox lol and the ear piece doesnt always work. mic works perfectly but gotta jiggle with the wire so i can hear lol
xPr3ciZionX
xPr3ciZionX
Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by RPAL Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:16 am

Anarcho wrote:I like to be with my friends. I don't play Halo just to be good or beat up noobs. I play Halo to socialize with my friends, and have fun.

A way to get into the game is to get a nice headset. Apparently RPAL and myself have Astro A40s. They are top of the line Headphones that allow you to hear the game and voice in "5.1" dolby digital surround sound.

But if you don't have a 3 million dollar home, you might want to pick you up a set of Turtle Beach X1s, they are decent and affordable.

Damn, the house im living in is only worth 2.5 million atm. Sad.

Anyway, yes the A40's are epic. I have white ones and my bro has Black Ones. Both say MLG on the side.
RPAL
RPAL
Tech Team
Tech Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JumboSnipes Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:41 am

Maximize game experience?..

Don't buy a huge screen in my opinion, huge T.V screen just doesnt work for me.

JumboSnipes
Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:18 am

JumboSnipes wrote:Maximize game experience?..

Don't buy a huge screen in my opinion, huge T.V screen just doesnt work for me.

The reason for that has to do with the response time of the tv, keep it small, usually no bigger than 30 inches and you will do ok, and that can be pushing it. I actually suggest anywhere between a 19 and a 22 inch if all possible, those are perfect.

RPAL wrote:
Anarcho wrote:I like to be with my friends. I don't play Halo just to be good or beat up noobs. I play Halo to socialize with my friends, and have fun.

Damn, the house im living in is only worth 2.5 million atm. Sad.

Anyway, yes the A40's are epic. I have white ones and my bro has Black Ones. Both say MLG on the side.

It is funny because you are serious. But yea, I have the black pair. I collect the 09 MLG series speaker tags. I have Meadowlands, and Columbus right now, i'll get Dallas when they put it out.

Another new feature they added recently is the ability to make you own speaker tag completely. It is really neat, i've already begun design on my own tag...I'm just really picky about what i want so it is taking a while...
Anarcho
Anarcho

Back to top Go down

Post by RPAL Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:15 pm

OMFG! I am totally making speaker tags like this!!! I need to buy the play charger anyway since the batterys drain EXTREMELY fast on the A40's.

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. EPICMB

The original image is 300x200, it shouldnt be printed blurry should it? They say anything less then 150dpi can turn out blurry. (WTF is dpi lol, the image above is blurry cuz i saved it in jpeg.)

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. MonitorBuilt
RPAL
RPAL
Tech Team
Tech Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Fruit Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:55 pm

I dont have a mic, i had the ones i had from when i got my elite. they broke, im contemplating on spending so much money on Headphones Like Turtle beach or Astro's.. not sure though, and i play mine on "22 HDTV. sometimes it causes tiny lag on GH. ;D

Shiny Fruit
Marksman Grade 2
Marksman Grade 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:18 pm

RPAL wrote:
The original image is 300x200, it shouldnt be printed blurry should it? They say anything less then 150dpi can turn out blurry. (WTF is dpi lol, the image above is blurry cuz i saved it in jpeg.)

Best ways to maximize gaming experience. MonitorBuilt

DPI stands for dots per inch. Basically the resolution size of something. Here is a link to help you with your troubles http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/articles/DPI_resizing.htm

Shiny Fruit wrote:I dont have a mic, i had the ones i had from when i got my elite. they broke, im contemplating on spending so much money on Headphones Like Turtle beach or Astro's.. not sure though, and i play mine on "22 HDTV. sometimes it causes tiny lag on GH. ;D

A good headset is something worth investing on, I refuse to party up with people without mics. All HDTVs have "lag" on GH, that is why they tell you to calibrate it. In the end it really doesn't matter a whole lot, just as long as your screen has a response time of 5ms or faster.
Anarcho
Anarcho

Back to top Go down

Post by StreetGlower Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:31 am

Yeah, I find that the best way to maximize gaming experience is a big TV. I know that some people say that such a big TV is worse for shooters, but I don't care, as I do just fine. I find it gets you into the game more. I have a 48" LCD Sony Bravia, and it's FREAKING SWEET!!! (ROFL Peter Griffin...)
StreetGlower
StreetGlower
Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum