Sniped
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Sniping Tips

4 posters

Go down

Basic Sniping Tips Empty Basic Sniping Tips

Post by IDunc Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:18 am

Submit any sniper tips or links that are not already listed here.

Very Useful Links

Sniper's Handbook

Sniper Basics

Sniper Tips

Amazing Sniper Spots - These spots are great for sniping, and your whole body is ALMOST concealed.

Sniper Tips

-Patience - Obvious

-Lead your shots - When a target is moving, instead of trying to keep aim on him and firing, try to predict where he will be when you fire, and shoot there. Do not overshoot though, you want to lead slightly.

-Sweeping - when you shoot, you do a sweeping motion. You turn the right stick near your target as soon as you shoot. Please PM so we can play an actual game so I can give you a better example.

-Don't hesistate if you are playing a snipers game - Remember you have unlimited ammo. Personally i think the higher the sensitivity the better...as long as you can control it.

-The most important thing to remember if you want to become great is dont take the easy kill, challenge yourself and refuse to switch to a different weapon/melee when you think you are about to die.

-Be on the move - Never stay in one spot for too long.

-Always watch your back, don't stay in scope for too long. When I see a sniper with his back exposed, he's practially begging to be assassinated.

-Don't be afraid to pass up an opportunity on a bad shot, if you track the person, you can almost always know where he's going, and get a much better shot. Plus since you didnt fire before, the target is unaware of your position. If your pos. is comprimised, the target may switch destinations just to attack you.

-Stay hidden, and always play a custom game or two and find a few hiding spots (Recommended for beginners).

-When starting out you might as well find a few spots to hide and switch between them alot...but when you get good you can run into the open and 'camp' there getting some easy kills, you have to be quick and accurate though.

-If you are good at no scopes (like me) practice no scoping on a higher sentsitvity. There's nothing more satisfying then no scoping someone while they're shooting at your back and you just turn around quickly and shoot. It also helps you with aiming faster.

-When playing a map, know where your going, and know the areas in your way that attract the most battles, also when playing a familiar map, think of where you would hide and look in that spot for enemy snipers.

-If you are being a sharpshooter - hanging back and picking off any threats you see - then remember to move after each shot. Though it's unlikely your enemies will notice you (because they'll be dead) as they'll hopefully be fighting your team mates, this isn't a guarantee. Move to new cover, but only if you are pretty sure that nobody will see you. At most, you should empty a clip in one spot, then get a new one.

-Learn the good hiding spots. Y'know all those random glitches and strangely accessible places? Learn how to get to them fast. But don't rely on them. Most decent players know of them, so they're usually only good once.

-At close range - focusing on noscopes and quickscopes - you still need to take your time. Obviously you don't have the second to focus, zoom, line up, track, then kill. But that doesn't mean you should randomly spam all your bullets as soon as you see an enemy. If the reticule's not red, don't bother.

-Medium range is more player specific, so there's not really much advice to give here other than take your time, but don't take ages.

-Keep your cross hair at head level all the time when in small levels, it makes it easier for no scopes and easy scope ins.

-Never stop moving if you know someone else has a sniper...and never camp when others may have a sniper.
IDunc
IDunc
Admin
Admin

https://sniped.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Basic Sniping Tips Empty Re: Basic Sniping Tips

Post by StreetGlower Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:45 pm

These are great tips, I used them to get to my 27 in Team Snipers. Still got a long way to go to get that Sharpshooter rank!
StreetGlower
StreetGlower
Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Erock179 Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 pm

tanks for the tips ill use them in sniping now

Erock179
Spotter
Spotter

Back to top Go down

Post by Crispy Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:26 am

When in team snipers your main advantage is to spot your enemy before he spots you. When your playing Snipers Awareness is the best thing a player can have next to skill, You want to be Paranoid in a way, never stand still, constantly move when your sniping like said above.

When trying to out-snipe another sniper- Try to make yourself as hard of a target to hit as you can. STRAFE as much as you need to in order to throw off the other snipers aim while keeping yours as accurate as possible. JUMPING when in a sniper vs sniper situation in MOST cases is a NO NO. When you jump it makes it easy for the other sniper to get you (what goes up must come down) But the main reason Jumping is a Bad idea is IF the other sniper shoots you when you are mid jump aka in the air you are going to be taken out of scope and be an easy kill for him.

PLAY Aggressive and smart- For many people when they think about halo sniping they think about staying back and "camping" for say, in order to get kills. Sometimes when you play Aggressive like i do you will do better than someone that "camps." (NO i am not saying to run out into top-mid or bum rush the enemy team like a mad man) playing as an Aggressive sniper takes ALOT of practice and should only be done if the player is Confident he/she can do it without getting killed every time.

CALL-OUTS i will have to say this is one of the most important things in team snipers. When your team communicates it WILL improve your teams game. Knowing where your enemy is located is a HUGE advantage and allows for your team to "Focus Fire" and quickly take down the enemy.

i will add more tips and tricks later when i have time to.
(sorry if some of these were already listed above i typed them in the order they came to me)

Crispy
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down